This week has, again, been incredible! But I feel like every week on a mission has been this way! There is always something great that happens 🙂 Here are my wonderen en grappjes:
- This week we found 2 new investigators!!! One was a guy we bike contacted back a month or so. He’s the one we sneakily followed to figure out where he lived 🙂 Haha, we rang his doorbell and he made an appointment with us! The other one is this sweet lady! She is a cute little mother of 3 and is so prepared! She is very spiritual and is looking for the truth. We met her knocking in our scouring area and she made a return appointment!
- We met a cool guy 2 weeks ago knocking in our scouring area. We tried to stop by the other day to give him a book of mormon, but he wasn’t home. Then, miracle happened! We were biking back from the station and he was biking next to us! Zr. lane pretty much taught him everything about the book of mormon. Haha, I didn’t really know what was going on (I was biking a bit behind), but I bike up and hear Zr. Lane talking about ‘Reformed egyptian’. Haha, I wonder what she’s talking about! Luckily, I had an english book of mormon in my fietstas that we gave to him. He says he’s going to read it!
- This week our ward had a talent show! 2 of our recent converts sang and played guitar, and another sang with the young women! It was fun to be there to support them. [name withheld] is SUPER GOOD at guitar! This 65 year old man from curaco was up there just jammin’ away! It was way cool!
- We also met the new senior couple this week! Elder and Zuster Jongejan are our new senior couple up here in Groningen! I’m really excited to work with them!
- Here is a great quote from Zr. Parker this week “My husband is going to be SO HOT after all my trials!” (like knocking doors, etc.)
- We were in Uithuizermeeden this week visiting Mariella and found this path made of shells! Mixed in with the shells were also little chunks of obsidian! We both started digging through it, picking up all the cool ones. Haha, we ended up having 23, and I walked around the rest of the day with them in my pocket 🙂
- We had a weird dinner appointment this week. This old lady made us this feast…but she just sat on the couch and watched us eat it the whole time! It was super awkward with her not eating with us. But, the food was really good and she gave us ‘inhuman portions’ of ice cream for dessert 🙂
- This week Zuster De Jonge asked me to take her place and play in primary this week. Haha, she gave me all the songs we were going to sing, and we ended up singing none of them! They did this thing where they pull random songs out and sing them! It was a little scary for me as the pianist, but I managed to make it through most of the songs okay 🙂 But man, I forgot how crazy primary was! The kids were SO LOUD and the teachers were pretty much screaming the lessons over them! It was pretty hectic and I applaud those primary teachers for surviving this every week! I really did enjoy playing the piano though 🙂
Here is my spiritual thought for this week. This will be a repeat for a couple of you that I’ve already emailed, but I really like it so I’m going to share it again 🙂 Yesterday me and Zr. Lane came up with this great gospel analogy with Mt. Everest! In one of my last emails I talked about how God asked Nephi to climb a mountain. Really, God has asked all of us to climb a mountain to make it back to him. But, he has given us all the tools we need to succeed (Ex. ropes, climbing shoes, etc.). Some people try to climb their mountain without any gear (the gospel). Some people don’t even know the gear is available! But then other people hike with a guide (Prophet) and a team of sherpas (church, family, friends,etc). It’s so much easier to climb the mountain when you have a team and a guide who knows the way and can lead you to the top on the safest path. When we are baptized into the church (the team), we covenant to ‘bear one another’s burdens that they may be light’. In a climbing team, you help and support one another (sometimes literally) as we all climb the mountain together. But, there is one person who knows perfectly what if feels like for all of us individually to climb the mountain. That is Jesus Christ. He had to climb the mountain all by Himself. Also, every person takes a different path up the mountain. Everyone starts in a different place. Nobody’s path is exactly the same. Some people have harder paths to climb, and they may not understand why. (people with a lot of hardships in life) But Christ has climbed every path and knows exactly how to help us 🙂 Anyway, my thoughts can go on and on about this! It was a fun spiritual tangent me and zr. lane went on this week 🙂
I love you all soooo much! I hope your week is full of miracles!
Liefs, Zuster Mangum
.We did some gardening service for a couple hours on Saturday! It was super fun and relaxing!
.I found a cheap, rock excavating kit last pday!!!! I have been going to town every night digging them up. It’s strangely stress relieving and theraputic 🙂
.Us looking fantastic in our iKea wigs 🙂 That kids section is really the best part of Ikea.
.We found the most incredible ice cream place! Dark chocolate ice cream!!! It was soooo ‘heerlijk’ 🙂
.Zr. Lane having way to much fun at ikea 🙂
.It’s kind of hard to see in this picture, but this lady is literally walking her cat on a leash!