- This week we found 2 new investigators!!! One was a guy we bike contacted back a month or so. He’s the one we sneakily followed to figure out where he lived 🙂 Haha, we rang his doorbell and he made an appointment with us! The other one is this sweet lady! She is a cute little mother of 3 and is so prepared! She is very spiritual and is looking for the truth. We met her knocking in our scouring area and she made a return appointment!
- We met a cool guy 2 weeks ago knocking in our scouring area. We tried to stop by the other day to give him a book of mormon, but he wasn’t home. Then, miracle happened! We were biking back from the station and he was biking next to us! Zr. lane pretty much taught him everything about the book of mormon. Haha, I didn’t really know what was going on (I was biking a bit behind), but I bike up and hear Zr. Lane talking about ‘Reformed egyptian’. Haha, I wonder what she’s talking about! Luckily, I had an english book of mormon in my fietstas that we gave to him. He says he’s going to read it!
- This week our ward had a talent show! 2 of our recent converts sang and played guitar, and another sang with the young women! It was fun to be there to support them. [name withheld] is SUPER GOOD at guitar! This 65 year old man from curaco was up there just jammin’ away! It was way cool!
- We also met the new senior couple this week! Elder and Zuster Jongejan are our new senior couple up here in Groningen! I’m really excited to work with them!
- Here is a great quote from Zr. Parker this week “My husband is going to be SO HOT after all my trials!” (like knocking doors, etc.)
- We were in Uithuizermeeden this week visiting Mariella and found this path made of shells! Mixed in with the shells were also little chunks of obsidian! We both started digging through it, picking up all the cool ones. Haha, we ended up having 23, and I walked around the rest of the day with them in my pocket 🙂
- We had a weird dinner appointment this week. This old lady made us this feast…but she just sat on the couch and watched us eat it the whole time! It was super awkward with her not eating with us. But, the food was really good and she gave us ‘inhuman portions’ of ice cream for dessert 🙂
- This week Zuster De Jonge asked me to take her place and play in primary this week. Haha, she gave me all the songs we were going to sing, and we ended up singing none of them! They did this thing where they pull random songs out and sing them! It was a little scary for me as the pianist, but I managed to make it through most of the songs okay 🙂 But man, I forgot how crazy primary was! The kids were SO LOUD and the teachers were pretty much screaming the lessons over them! It was pretty hectic and I applaud those primary teachers for surviving this every week! I really did enjoy playing the piano though 🙂
.It’s kind of hard to see in this picture, but this lady is literally walking her cat on a leash!