- This week Elder Sabine came to our zone conference and spoke! It was incredible! One of my favorite quotes from him was about being in the world but not of the world. He said ‘It doesn’t matter how deep the water is. If it doesn’t get in the boat, you won’t sink! But you have to make sure you seal off all the cracks, because the water (or the world) wants to get in.’ It doesn’t matter how bad this world gets. If we seal off the cracks in our ‘ship’, we will be protected from drowning. Also, two great scriptures he shared with us that you should all look up! D&C 90:24 and 1 Corinthians 2:9. There are so many great things waiting for us if we love God, keep his commandments, and remember our covenants!
- We got a couple of referrals from members at church yesterday! This was a tender mercy, because our week is pretty open this week. But one member had a very strong impression to give us the address for his friend, so we’ll see what happens there!
- Our cute little less active named Saskia was able to make it to church today! Her health is terrible, but she managed to have enough energy for sacrament meeting. When we talked to her about it later she said that 17 years ago, on that exact day, was the first time she ever went to church. Wow! What an incredible experience for her and a testimony to me that God is so aware of our individual lives!
- This week Zr. Bunnell gave a presentation on music at the zone conference. She invited us to read the preface in the hymnbook. I did it, and wow! There are so many cool blessings from the hymns! I invite you all to read it! Also, pick your favorite hymn and look up it’s coordinating scriptures. I did this with my favorites (how firm a foundation) and it was a really cool experience 🙂
- We had to explain to Isabelle this week that baptisms for the dead isn’t us actually baptizing dead people! I’ve just grown up with that term and never really thought about it. But yeah, if that’s all you hear, it can seem kind of scary! Haha, the crazy thing was that she’s had this idea in her head for like a month, but she was still cool about taking the lessons and getting baptized! She was very relieved to know that we weren’t baptizing dead bodies though, because that’s kind of creepy 🙂
. This is the weekly video zr. olsen makes to send to her family! It’s funny because right in the middle talking about ‘unworthy creatures’ we got contacted by this old lady. the movie cuts off right as she asks if we’re mormons lol 🙂 It was a good contact though!
title: There is nothing above the fair
.This week we got to bike…a ton! We biked one day from Lokeren to Eksaarde, then Eksaarde to Zele, then Zele to Lokeren to Waasmunster! (you’ll have to look on google maps). It was a crazy adventure through the drizzling rain! But the miracle was that we were miraculously on time for all of our appointments! We really shouldn’t have been, with how much we got lost, but we were! Plus, biking so much is always a miracle for me 🙂 I love it!
.We’re literally just eating our way through Belgium! Belgian chocolate covered gelatto was just too tempting 🙂